The first week back after a trade show always feels bittersweet. Sore feet from standing on faux hardwood booth flooring (beautiful on the eyes, killer on the calves!). A mind racing through the many conversations with partners, competitors, editors, new contacts, and (for me) forklift drivers.
This year, attendees and exhibitors braved the cold winds of Chicago and headed to McCormick Place for the four-day ProMat material handling show. On the last day of the show, Chicago saw its first snow after having gone 335 days, or about 11 months, without an inch of snowfall in any calendar day.
Inside the convention center, protected from the cold weather, the ProMat was having some ‘firsts’ of its own. For the 2013 show, ProMat launched their first official Innovation Awards which recognizes a new technology or service that creates quantifiable and sustainable results in terms of ROI, cost savings, or customer satisfaction. Nuvera was proud to have two products nominated for the award, the Orion fuel cell stack and the PowerTap hydrogen generator. (We’d like to take a moment to congratulate Packsize LLC. and Fox IV Technologies Inc. for winning the 2013 awards!) Steve Forbes gave this year’s keynote on “Navigating the New Political Climate for Business Growth and Success”, which was very highly regarded by attendees. And more than ever, exhibitors and attendees were all using social media tools like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to connect before, during, and after the show.
This year was particularly exciting in Nuvera’s booth. Not only because we were highlighting exciting new material handling solutions in our booth, but for things that were happening behind the scenes in Nuvera.
Here is why this year’s ProMat will go down in history as one to remember…
- We unveiled our exciting new tagline “making hydrogen make sense”. After 13 years of innovating cutting-edge fuel processing and fuel cell technology, Nuvera decided to evolve its tagline to reflect its new customer-centric business model. Nuvera believes in helping its customers realize value by empowering them make hydrogen make sense (and cents!) for their business.
- We went live with our new website design (see it here! www.nuvera.com). Businesses are always evolving, and so should websites. Nuvera decided that it was time to make sure that our website accurately reflected our new customer-centric messaging and vision for the future. That, coupled with eye-catching designs and a more navigational friendly layout makes up the new 2013 Nuvera corporate website. We hope you’ll enjoy the new website. (And we welcome any comments or feedback you have at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- We launched the PowerTap+ service product. PowerTap+ eliminates most of the upfront costs associated with creating a reliable hydrogen source for fuel cell vehicles or other uses. Nuvera assumes full responsibility for installation of the equipment and undertakes regular maintenance checks to ensure efficient, uninterrupted hydrogen delivery. With superior customer service a hallmark of our company, Nuvera ensures a simple, quick solution to delivering an assured supply of high-quality hydrogen.
- We showcased our new Orion fuel cell stack. Orion is Nuvera’s eighth-generation fuel cell stack designed for industrial mobility, aerospace, and automotive applications. Orion offers superior performance and durability in a compact package. Provided with its own control logic, called SmartStack™, Orion is easily integrated by OEMs.
- We promoted the new design of the PowerTap hydrogen dispenser. The new design of the PowerTap hydrogen dispenser makes refueling a forklift fast, easy, and safe. With a form factor similar to an average gas pump, the dispenser can refill a forklift in about 2 minutes.
- It was the year of the Hess helicopter. Nuvera is proud to be a wholly owned subsidiary of Hess Corporation. Every year, the folks at Hess design and manufacture an extraordinarily detailed toy truck for the holiday season. Everyone wants to get their hands on one of these toys, and 2012 was no exception. This year the toy was a helicopter and rescue vehicle (which have since sold out on the www.hesstoytruck.com website).
We’d like to thank everyone who visited Nuvera’s booth this year at ProMat. We hope you enjoyed learning about our technology and how Nuvera can help your business grow!
Here’s to a great start to 2013!
(Want to attend the next material handling show? Nuvera will be exhibiting at the MODEX 2014 show in Atlanta’s Georgia World Congress Center from March 17-20, 2014.)