About Nuvera Fuel cells
Nuvera Fuel Cells is powering fuel cell technology across diverse applications, including on- and off-road vehicles and equipment, port and maritime applications, and stationary and portable power solutions within the growing hydrogen economy.
Our zero-emission fuel cell engines redefine motive and stationary power, helping meet rigorous commercial needs and mandates worldwide.
With sales, application and support teams located in the U.S., Europe and Asia, Nuvera is helping move the world toward a sustainable future.
- A passion for exceeding expectations.
- Leadership in fuel cell efficiency and power density.
- Attractive cost of ownership.
The solutions that Nuvera builds for today’s growing hydrogen economy — for demanding markets such as industrial motive power — are the result of the proven experience in the fuel cell power and hydrogen supply industry that Nuvera has to offer.
Innovation and Value
Nuvera has created key technologies across the entire hydrogen value chain – generation, purification, compression and fuel cell power. Enabled by a diversified patent portfolio, Nuvera is positioned to innovate with a growing market — minimizing risk in technology investment and offering a solid range of solutions.
Pivotal Involvement in the Industry
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), the Federal Transportation Administration (FTA), the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD), Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL), and Massachusetts Clean Energy Center (MassCEC) have awarded pivotal projects in the development and demonstration of hydrogen and fuel cell technologies to Nuvera based on the expertise and assurance for success that the engineers, world-class labs and production capabilities at our Massachusetts-based U.S. facility bring to fuel cell power and hydrogen supply innovations.
Codes and Standards Development
Product development and innovation, customer site implementation, and service training all benefit from Nuvera’s codes and standards experience, particularly in the area of fuel cell-powered industrial trucks. By invitation of key codes and standards organizations, Nuvera engineers have participated on and lead technical committees in the development of hydrogen-related codes and standards, including CSA standards for dispensing equipment for hydrogen-powered industrial trucks, ISO involvement respective to hydrogen fueling stations, and NFPA participation respective to the hydrogen technology code.
The adoption of fuel cell vehicles and equipment will eliminate toxic emissions from diesel and other fossil fuels. Improved air quality provides benefits to all – most especially to residents of economically and environmentally disadvantaged communities located closest to industrial sites, highways, and in crowded urban areas. The positive effects will be felt now and for generations to come.
Nuvera is established by Arthur D. Little (ADL), De Nora and Hess Corporation, merging the fuel processing technology leadership of Epyx Corporation (a spin-off of Arthur D. Little ) and the fuel cell technology leadership of De Nora Fuel Cells.
Hess buys out Arthur D. Little.
Hess buys out Renault and DeNora.
Nacco Materials Handling Group (NMHG) acquires Nuvera from Hess.
NMHG renamed to Hyster-Yale Group (HYG).
- Centro Ricerche Fiat integrates Nuvera® automotive fuel cell stack technology into the FIAT® Seicento, as well as a prototype of Fiat’s next generation fuel cell vehicle, the Panda Hydrogen. Both vehicles were demonstrated in ride and drives by FIAT Auto.
- First-ever trials of fuel cell rail car in Japan are supported by Nuvera technology, the Forza™ PEM fuel cell.
- Japan Gas Association selects Nuvera’s Avanti ™ fuel cell power module to deploy integrated combined heat and power (CHP) fuel cell system.
- Fuel cell motive power integration for Ice Bear electric ice resurfacer.
- Aixam Mega microtruck fuel cell power integration.
- Taylor Dunn light utility pick-up truck fuel cell power integration.
- Fuel cell stack provider and project partner demonstrating advanced underground vehicle power for fuel cell mine locomotive.
- East Penn and Nuvera introduce ReadyPower™ fuel cell battery replacements for electric forklifts under joint development for DOE program.
- East Penn Manufacturing installs Nuvera’s first PowerTap® On-Site Hydrogen Generator to power a fleet of fuel cell-powered forklift trucks.
- The FIAT® Panda Hydrogen, a fuel cell powered car featuring the Nuvera® Andromeda II™ stack, officially presented at the first ever Hydrogen Olympics in Turin, Italy.
- The first hydrogen fueling station debuts in Massachusetts.
- New Holland introduces premiere hydrogen-powered tractor, using Nuvera fuel cell technology to enable award-winning energy independent farm project.
- Commercial grocer H-E-B deploys the Nuvera Total Power Solution™ — fuel cell power systems, hydrogen generation and hydrogen station.
- Fincantieri commissions Nuvera to produce and deliver Orion® fuel cell stacks for use as range extenders on marine vessels.
- The ability to use methane from cow manure to generate high-purity hydrogen for powering fuel cell electric vehicles is demonstrated by the Nuvera® hydrogen generator.
- Nuvera begins process of commercialization together with a global provider of materials handling equipment – a move expected to change the lift truck business.
- Electrochemical Hydrogen Compressor (EHC) is demonstrated in a premiere fueling event.
- Nuvera ships the first units of its newest line of fuel cell systems in its continued progress toward full commercialization and start of demonstrations and commercial deployment.
- The Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) begins use of a Nuvera® hydrogen station, Massachusetts’ first hydrogen station for fuel cell transit bus fueling through a National Fuel Cell Bus Program project sponsored by the FTA.
- Award from California Air Resources Board for Fuel Cell-Powered Port Equipment.
- Customers in Europe and China receive Nuvera fuel cell systems for integration into commercial medium- and heavy-duty vehicles.
- Nuvera introduces E-45 Fuel Cell Engine.
- Nuvera expands product line with launch of E-60 Fuel Cell Engine.
- E-60 Fuel Cell Engine awarded Shanghai Motor Vehicle Inspection Center certification.
- World’s first fuel cell shipping container handler at Port of Los Angeles powered by Nuvera.
- Nuvera joins Hydrogen Europe.
- Nuvera supplies fuel cell engines to Indian market.
- Nuvera expands maritime industry engagement.
- Urban Mobility Systems and Nuvera power zero-emission vehicles and equipment in Europe.
USA | Headquarters
Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC
129 Concord Road, Building 1
Billerica, MA 01821, U.S.A.
Tel: (617) 245-7500
Fax: (617) 245-7511
Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC site is ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 certified.
EUROPE | European Offices and Testing Facilities
Nuvera Fuel Cells Europe
A division of Hyster-Yale Italia, S.p.A.
Via XXV Aprile 2
San Donato, Milanese
20097 Milan, Italy
Tel: +39 (02) 5161-6701
Fax: +39 (02) 5161-6721
No.1 Jinxin Rd
Lushan Industrial Area
Fuyang District, Hangzhou
Hyster-Yale Lift Trucks India Pvt. Ltd.
2nd Floor, Building A, 45 Icon, Baner Road, Baner, Pune, Maharashtra, 411045, India
Nijverheidsweg 34-38 6541 CL
Company with Sole Shareholder, subject to direction and coordination activities of Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. Corporate Capital EUR 104,000.00, fully paid-in. Registered Name: Hyster-Yale Italia S.p.A.; Country of Registration: Italy; Milan Register of Companies Registration number: 01020710362; Registered Address: Via Confalonieri 2, 20060 Masate (MI), Italy; Certified Company E-mail Address: email@example.com
© 2023 NUVERA FUEL CELLS, LLC, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NUVERA AND ARE TRADEMARKS OF NUVERA FUEL CELLS, LLC.