Nuvera’s eighth-generation stack offers unique fuel cell technology that distinguishes our company and our range of power solutions for OEMs.
Our open flow field technology is free breathing, meaning more reactants can reach the entire MEA, providing greater power density and higher efficiency.
- World-class performance for motive applications in outputs ranging from 10 to 100 kW and higher
- Ease of integration provided by optimized control logic
- Patented fuel cell technology that enables a winning combination for cost, compactness and durability
- Compact stack provides enhanced packaging flexibility
As a long-established and specialized PEM fuel cell systems developer, our engineering teams bring extensive experience in both fuel cell stack design and hybrid fuel cell powertrain development. Our predecessor companies offer more than 90 years of innovative electrochemical technology development background that Nuvera has built on to deliver competitive commercial products.
Fuel Cell Stacks
Nuvera fuel cell stacks are designed for HD applications from the ground up.
- Open Flow Field technology
- More reactant molecules in contact with MEA – increases efficiency
- Reduces fluid-based stresses on MEA – increases membrane life
- Scalable design – reduces complexity
- Metal plates
- Resists vibration and shock better than composites
Nuvera’s forthcoming stack architecture will have 30 times greater power density than Nuvera’s first-generation units and 20% greater unit cell area.
Nuvera’s immense IP and expertise in hydrogen power deliver clear advantages:
- Unique technology featuring uncoated metal plates, an open flow, control systems and more.
- Global manufacturing capabilities supported by automated fuel cell stack production.
- A dedicated team responsible for the successful integration of Nuvera products into electric drivetrains and other systems.
Application engagement begins early in the sales process and continues through the system design phase.
FCHEV model development and simulation analyses (engine size, battery size, range, H2consumption)
Providing clarifications for product documentation (software and hardware interface requirements)
Interface module consulting
Providing references to component suppliers and solutions for consideration (power module, thermal module, air treatment, fuel system)
Design review participation
Participating in reviews of the system level design (mounting, ventilation, plumbing, electrical, software)Interface module consulting
Integration and test support
Verification of the product installation and operation (engine commissioning)
USA | Headquarters
Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC
129 Concord Road, Building 1
Billerica, MA 01821, U.S.A.
Tel: (617) 245-7500
Fax: (617) 245-7511
Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC site is ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 certified.
EUROPE | European Offices and Testing Facilities
Nuvera Fuel Cells Europe
A division of Hyster-Yale Italia, S.p.A.
Via XXV Aprile 2
San Donato, Milanese
20097 Milan, Italy
Tel: +39 (02) 5161-6701
Fax: +39 (02) 5161-6721
No.1 Jinxin Rd
Lushan Industrial Area
Fuyang District, Hangzhou
Hyster-Yale Lift Trucks India Pvt. Ltd.
2nd Floor, Building A, 45 Icon, Baner Road, Baner, Pune, Maharashtra, 411045, India
Nijverheidsweg 34-38 6541 CL
Company with Sole Shareholder, subject to direction and coordination activities of Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. Corporate Capital EUR 104,000.00, fully paid-in. Registered Name: Hyster-Yale Italia S.p.A.; Country of Registration: Italy; Milan Register of Companies Registration number: 01020710362; Registered Address: Via Confalonieri 2, 20060 Masate (MI), Italy; Certified Company E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2023 NUVERA FUEL CELLS, LLC, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NUVERA AND ARE TRADEMARKS OF NUVERA FUEL CELLS, LLC.