Billerica, Massachusetts – October 5, 2022 – Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC, a provider of heavy-duty hydrogen fuel cell engines for on- and off-road mobility and other applications, joins the industry in celebrating the 8th Annual National Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Day to raise awareness of the benefits hydrogen energy and fuel cell technologies provide in reducing emissions, improving energy efficiency, and driving economic growth. Nuvera is celebrating a year of both new and continued relationships and growing adoption of its hydrogen solutions for commercial vehicles and equipment.
National Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Day is observed on October 8 (10.08) in recognition of the atomic weight of hydrogen: 1.008. The industry has grown tremendously over the past year and is further vitalized by passage of the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022, which will significantly accelerate the widespread adoption of hydrogen and fuel cell technologies in the US and worldwide.
Over the past year, Nuvera has made major strides in its mission to become the fuel cell provider of choice for on- and off-road vehicles and other applications. Nuvera’s primary focus is powering widespread fuel cell vehicle adoption and remains committed to helping create zero-emission transportation solutions for a wide variety of applications. Significant milestones in 2022 include:
- Powering a Hyster® fuel cell top loading container handler operating at the Port of Los Angeles
- Showcasing a fuel cell DANNAR Mobile Power Station at the Green Transportation Summit and Exposition in Tacoma, Washington
- Entering discussions to form a strategic relationship with Dayco, a leading engine products and drive systems manufacturer for the automotive, heavy-duty, and industrial market segments, to provide fully integrated fuel cell solutions for commercial vehicles
- Working with Capacity and Hyster-Yale Group in the development of hydrogen-powered terminal tractors with automation-ready capabilities
- Teaming with Hytech AS, an engineering and services firm based in Klepp Stasjon, Norway that will evaluate the use of Nuvera® E-45 Fuel Cell Engines for stationary power uses
- Receiving an order from Devinn, a systems integrator and product development company based in the Czech Republic, which is using the Nuvera® E-60 engine to power its H2BOT semi-autonomous battery electric vehicle charging unit
- Receiving an order for an E-Series Fuel Cell Engine from CMT, a propulsion technology research institute at the Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
- Providing its E-60 Fuel Cell Engine to power a nine-meter electric bus in northeast India
- Strengthening its connection with the European hydrogen industry as a new member of Hydrogen Europe, a leading industry association with more than 290 members partnering with the European Union and global stakeholders to develop hydrogen and fuel cell technologies
“The emergence of a robust hydrogen economy is vital in order to reduce emissions and provide a viable alternative to diesel,” said Kedar Murthy, chief commercial officer at Nuvera. “Demand for zero-emission transportation solutions around the globe is growing, and fuel cells play an important role by enabling vehicle electrification in trucking, marine and ports environments, transit, as well as in off-road sectors like construction, mining and agriculture. We celebrate National Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Day along with our suppliers, partners and customers, and with all others working to move us toward a better and cleaner future.”
Nuvera is sharing company achievements as well as key industry advancements in clean mobility across its social channels in honor of National Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Day. Follow Nuvera on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook to learn more.
ABOUT NUVERA FUEL CELLS, LLC
Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC is a manufacturer of heavy-duty, zero-emission engines for mobility applications. With facilities located in the U.S. and Europe, Nuvera provides clean, safe, and efficient products designed to meet the rigorous needs of industrial vehicles and other transportation markets.
Nuvera is a subsidiary of Hyster-Yale Group, Inc., which designs, engineers, manufactures, sells, and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally primarily under the Hyster® and Yale® brand names. Hyster-Yale Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. (NYSE:HY). Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. and its subsidiaries, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, employ approximately 8,100 people worldwide.